Monday, May 24, 2010

Leavin' on a jet plane

Here I am in the George Bush International Airport getting ready to board a plane to a country where I do not speak the language very well, and I couldn't be more excited. Loving this airport (I'm one of the few people who loves airports. People, food, magazines, heaven.)!
I should be arriving in Paris around 8:15 a.m., or 1:15 a.m. Texas time. Awesome.
I have had my iPod ringing in my ears since I started my journey. Tallest Man on Earth, the Black Keys, the Raconteurs, Damien Rice, and Oasis have all accompanied me through this journey. What great company!
Q Magazine's "Man on the Run" article about Paul McCartney was phenomenal. It's interviews and writing like that article that makes me want to become a writer. The journalist, Paul Rees, followed McCartney around for a month to get a complete story. How much of a dream would it be to follow Sir Paul around for four weeks! I think I would die of a heart attack.

The next blog you read from me will be posted from France! Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks, dear friends.