Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tattoo

Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past.

JACK LONDON, 1883

Since I was about 17, I've been dying for a tattoo. However, my mother (who made me take out my RIDICULOUSLY cute nose ring out when she saw it) would kill me. I've figured out exactly what I want though-- a peacock feather. The symbol of beauty, vanity, immortality and glory. Peacocks are the patron bird of the Greek goddess Hera, who placed eyes on their feathers to ward off omens and to show the peacock's wisdom. Fitting, huh? I will probably get it on the arch of my foot, if I ever get one. But I sketched one out on my wrist today, and it looks really cool there. I'll probably wuss out though... Needles are not my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks, dear friends.