Sunday, July 4, 2010

Picking around on a piece of ground in your hometown.

I suppose I never closed out the trip in my blogs: Finished my French class with an A. Shabooyuh. Paris was overcrowded and had an abundance of souvenir shops. I wish it wasn't so touristy. I did love the Eiffel Tower though. So romantic. Slept for about seven hours of the 11 hour flight home, which was awesome.
I made it home broke, tanned and slightly more European than I started.

I've been in Tyler for roughly a week. Needless to say, I'm ready to get to Lubbock tomorrow! I enjoy the relaxation that Tyler provides, but I'm ready for freedom. This place is oppressive to me. I can't be bothered in Lubbock like I am here. I believe my flaws are more prominent while I'm in Tyler, like being put under a microscope and examined. In Lubbock, I don't feel like that; I'm far more independent and liberated from any blind criticism.

I was able to pack the Mini with everything I intended on bringing: my giant acoustic bass, my record player, the greater half of my record collection (roughly 80 of 145), and some clothes.

I'm hoping to get a job when I get to Lubbock. I'd love to work at the local record store (Ralph's Records), but I'm trying to feel if they'd hire someone that would need to take off almost all of August (family vacation, sorority rush, etc.). If the record store doesn't want me, maybe a local coffee shop.

Well other than reading Jack Keroac's On the Road and getting ready for the big move in Lubbock, nothing terribly interesting is going on in the life of Kat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks, dear friends.